Take Two Bskool

Making history... one application season at at time.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Recovery and Wharton Interview

Today, a morning of recovery was followed by an afternoon of interview preparation. This groggy recovery period was mandatory following last night's gathering of Bay Area and visiting California bloggers! Several of us MBA types got together at a local joint in San Francisco's Mission District to trade notes on b-school applications, interviews, the GMAT and the entire process in general.

After several beers (and stiff margaritas), all pretense of cordiality collapsed under the weight of inebriation. Just prior to leaving the bar, the inevitable blogger chanting began: drink... drink...Drink... DRINK DRINK DRINK!!! Not since my fraternity days have I witnessed such a display... and I loved every minute of it ;)

Our beer consumption session was followed by some serious chowing at a nearby taqueria. For those of you not residing in the Bay Area, the taquerias here are like no other. Myself, I gobbled down a massive Super Burrito (guac and sour cream included!)... then proceeded to eat Sorebrek's leftovers (a steak quesadilla, I think?) prior to nibbling from I Will Make It's chip and chicken/mushroom quesadilla platter. If there is anything I can tell you about I Will Make It, she loves her Midori Sours and Mushroom Quesadilla's ;)

Other prominent and prolific Bay Area bloggers in attendance included the great Marina, the crafty FooBarMe, the logistics master Brownowski, the Dartmouth conquerer Vatsa, as well as several other friendly new bloggers and friends of bloggers.

After my morning & mid-day recovery, I decided to get down to business. I completed my FAFSA and tax returns (can anyone say..... FEDERAL RETUUUURN!?). This was followed by some serious Wharton interview prep. Naturally, this process required utiliztion of the most excellent of MBA interview prep resources, the Clear Admit Wiki. My girlfriend ran me through some mock interviews and I was able to practice and refine my responses to the most important interview questoins (Why MBA, Why Wharton, Why Now?).

Tomorrow I fly to Philadelphia. I'm excited for several reasons. First, I've never been to the City of Brotherly Love. Second, I'm interviewing with an amazing academic institution. Third, I have Monday off of work and the day will be spent pursuing my number one goal: MBA admission.

Given that my flight leaves at the crack of dawn, I'll be retiring to bed shortly. I bid my readers good night (hopefully my readers are not online at this unGodly hour).
|| PupStar78, 10:30 PM

12 Comments:

good luck with the interview!
cheers
Ash
Blogger Ash, at 1:45 AM  
good luck mate.
Blogger Forrest Gump, at 1:47 AM  
yes, good luck, prepare for some chilly weather too!
Blogger Alex, at 2:56 AM  
I had a really good time. Best of luck with the Wharton interview.
Blogger FooBarMe, at 11:15 AM  
Absolutely enjoyed meeting all of you! Good luck on W! Definitely keep warm in Philly - and can't wait to read how it goes.
Blogger i_will_make_it, at 5:55 PM  
Sounds like a fun night - wish i could've been there with an atomic chili pepper burrito! Good luck with the interview. Mine's tonight as well...
Blogger sghama, at 9:12 PM  
Good luck! And I'm totally jealous of all you bloggers who live close enough to get together for something like that! Grr...
Blogger ..., at 5:47 AM  
Good Luck!!
Blogger Bschool Diva, at 6:32 AM  
Have fun!
Blogger Redwolf056, at 7:45 AM  
Hope the interview went well! You lucky west coast-ers; I wish I could have joined you instead of braving single-digit NYC weather. =o)
Blogger wheresmydessert, at 10:35 AM  
GOOD LUCK!
Blogger MBA Cutie, at 12:37 PM  
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have alas vegas advisorsite/blog. It pretty much covers las vegas advisorrelated stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 AM  

Add a comment