Take Two Bskool

Making history... one application season at at time.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Vacation for the Mind

Never before have I compared blog posting to essay writing, yet I am compelled to do so today. On more than one occasion over the last two weeks, I have hovered above my laptop, banging out a sentence, deleting it, and banging out another. Ah, screw it, I think. I’ll post later.

The last month has been a mishmash of activity. Work continues to challenge my ability to maintain a positive attitude. A major problem is that my rate of learning has slowed tremendously over the last few years. Add in the usual office politics, the daily drudgery of the rat race and a lack of real vacation, and KAZAM!: you get one burnt-out dude.

Regarding vacation, I used most of my prior vacation time to study for the GMAT or write essays. Fortunately, I took action to rectify this. I requested and was granted the entire week of May 15 as vacation. I have no plans to travel. Instead, I will sleep in, hit the gym and peruse life in San Francisco for the non 9-5 crowd. By Friday of that week, I anticipate that I will be bored to tears. And thus, this will be a TRUE vacation for the mind.

On the b-school application readiness front, I am still enrolled in Stats. Things are progressing swimmingly -- I took the course as a college freshman, so much of the material is familiar. I also plan to complete an Accounting course this summer, thus adding (I hope) two A's in quantitative courses to my academic profile.
|| PupStar78, 5:58 PM

7 Comments:

That sounds like a perfect vacation plan - time with oneself ;) Good luck with b school readiness efforts.

have a good weekend.
Blogger Forrest Gump, at 10:06 PM  
That does sound like the ultimate vacation. Sometimes you just need to do nothing but sit around and relax. Otherwise you'll need a vacation to recover from your vacation. Enjoy!
Blogger fromcali, at 9:58 PM  
Yeah, it's great to have a good vacation for the mind! Unfortuantely i didn't have that luxury after my GMAT
Blogger smiley, at 3:37 AM  
Yeah, good planning
Blogger chillpill, at 11:01 AM  
All your office description is so applicable to me... Although I took a vacation recently..i think i need yet another one!!
Blogger FooBarMe, at 11:08 AM  
you seem very busy - no blog posts for a long time. hope all's well.
Blogger Forrest Gump, at 9:45 AM  
Long time and heard nothing buddy. What's up?
Blogger chillpill, at 6:10 AM  

Add a comment